Trans 305.29 Steering and suspension;
(1) The steering and suspension of every motor vehicle shall be maintained in proper working condition and in conformity with this section and s. 347.455, Stats.
(2) The steering linkage may not be worn, jammed or bind, nor shall the steering system have excessive lash. Lash of more than 1/8 of one complete turn of the steering wheel is excessive.
(3) The belts assisting the power steering unit shall be in proper working condition and may not be missing, loose, or excessively frayed or cracked.
(4) The power steering unit shall be in proper working condition. No portion of a power steering unit or steering linkage may be disconnected. The power steering unit shall contain the proper fluid levels. All hoses and connections shall be in proper working condition and will have no leaks or visible cuts or cracks.
(5) (a) Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a steering wheel the same size as the one with which the vehicle was manufactured or a replacement not less than 13 inches in diameter. Every homemade and reconstructed vehicle registered after January 1, 1975, shall have a steering wheel of not less than 13 inches in diameter.